What can I do to start my day stress-free?
Stress has become an integral part of life for many of us. High levels of stress cause build-ups of free radicals and are among the main causes of premature aging. Ayurveda recommends starting the day with a regular routine, which keeps Vata dosha in check, and in turn minimises stress.
What should I add to my routine to stop stress?
Some simple items to add to your daily routine in the morning to help stop stress:
- When you wash your face pay special attention to the eyes.
- Perform the Abhyanga self-massage before you bathe
- Use warm rather than hot water in your shower
- Try a stewed apple/pear for breakfast.
Other daily activities to reduce stress
- Drink Organic Vata tea throughout the day.
- Sprinkle or cook your food with Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Vata Spice Blend for maximum benefit.
- Learn Transcendental Meditation and practice for 20 minutes twice per day. This has proven benefits in the reduction of stress. You can learn more about the technique here: Transcendental Meditation Australia
What massage can I perform to stop stress?
Boost your resistance to stress by starting the day with an Abhyanga (self massage with oil). When you don’t have time to do the full body massage, just massage the major stress areas – the neck region, hands and feet. Using Maharishi AyurVeda Vata Massage Oil which has an Organic Sesame Oil base with precious Ayurvedic herbs will help decrease your stress further with its aromatic
What can aromatherapy do for stress?
In Ayurveda, aromatherapy plays a very important part in stress management.
Maharishi Ayurveda Vata Aroma oil is especially recommended by Vaidyas (Ayurvedic physicians) for its calming effect on the mind, body and emotions. Simply have a few drops on a handkerchief and carry with you or use in an aroma burner for the whole family.